Schema markup is essential for improving your website’s SEO and helping search engines better understand your content. This article will look at the 7 best schema markup generator tools to help you easily add schema markup to your site.
Adding schema markup to your site can seem complicated, but it doesn’t have to be! With the right schema generator tool, you can easily create schema markup for your pages.
In this article, we’ll cover:
- What is schema markup and why is it important for SEO?
- What are the different types of schema markup?
- The 7 best schema markup generator tools in 2023
- How to choose the right schema markup tool for your needs
- Final thoughts on selecting a schema generator
What is Schema Markup and Why is it Important for SEO?
Schema markup is code you add to your web pages to help search engines better understand the content. Schema provides additional context through metadata, which can enable your pages to rank better in search results.
Adding schema markup helps search engines like Google better understand your content. It enables your pages to show up in rich results, which are eye-catching, informative snippets that stand out in search results. This can increase click-through rate from search engine results pages (SERPs).
Schema also helps your sitelinks show up – those helpful quick links under the main search result. Overall, a good implementation of schema markup improves organic traffic to your site from search.
What are the Different Types of Schema Markup?
There are many different types of schema markup you can add to your site. The main types include:
- LocalBusiness – for pages about local businesses, restaurants, hotels etc. Can include info like location, opening hours, price range, photos. Enables rich results like star ratings, maps etc.
- Product – for product pages, can include price, availability, images, SKU, brand info. Allows products to show in rich shopping results.
- Recipe – provides full recipe schema including images, prep time, ingredients, instructions, etc. Enables recipes to show in rich results.
- SoftwareApplication – adds schema markup for software apps, including operating system, application category, ratings, and price. Allows apps to show in rich snippets.
- Movie – adds schema information for movies, like director, actors, ratings. Helps movie pages show up in rich results.
- FAQ – enables your site’s FAQ pages to show up in featured snippets at the top of search results.
There are over 1300 schema types covering all sorts of industries and content types. Focus on the main schema relevant to your site’s content.
7 Best Schema Markup Generator Tools in 2023
Here are the top 7 recommended tools for easily generating schema markup for your site:
1. Schema App
Schema App is one of the most full-featured schema markup generators available. It offers an intuitive UI that makes it easy to add schema markup for all kinds of pages.
It supports over 135 schema.org types and you can validate markup after generating it. They also monitor schema support in search engines and stay up to date with the latest best practices.
Pricing starts at $16.58/month for the Starter plan but they offer a free trial so you can test it out.
2. Google Structured Data Markup Helper
Google’s free Structured Data Markup Helper tool allows you to generate schema markup for your pages that complies with Google’s requirements.
It supports key schema types like LocalBusiness, Product, Video, Article, and more. While the options are more limited compared to paid tools, it’s a good free alternative. It also seamlessly integrates with Google Search Console.
3. Schema Generator by Varvy
Varvy’s Schema Generator offers a super simple UI that makes it easy for anyone to add schema to their site. It focuses on the essential schema types small businesses need like LocalBusiness, FAQPage, AboutPage.
It has predefined templates for different industries that include the necessary metadata fields. After generating the code, you can use Varvy’s Structured Data Testing Tool to validate the markup.
The schema generator is completely free and they also have great educational resources on Schema.org.
4. Schema Pro by Raven Tools
Schema Pro is a paid SEO tool but it offers excellent schema markup generation capabilities. It goes beyond just schema and provides AI-powered optimization recommendations for entire pages and sites.
The schema generator includes 150+ schema types and lets you create markup for the whole site automatically. The tool will spider your site, analyze the content, and add schema markup wherever it’s needed. This can save a ton of time for larger websites.
They offer a free trial so you can test it thoroughly before deciding.
5. Merkle’s Schema Generator
Merkle is a leading digital marketing agency and their schema generator tool is solid option for both beginners and pros. It makes it easy to add schema markup to single pages or entire websites.
The tool is focused on helping businesses. It has predefined templates for different industries that include the most useful schema properties to highlight. This helps avoid guesswork.
They have a handy visual graph explorer so you can easily understand how different schema types relate to each other. Pricing starts at $99/month for the tool.
6. JsonLD Generator by SEO Tools for Excel
This schema markup generator from SEO Tools for Excel offers a unique Excel-based approach. It provides predefined Excel templates for key schema types.
You simply fill in the template with your business or page details. When done, it converts the Excel data into valid JSON-LD markup that you can paste onto your pages. This streamlines the process if you already use Excel for managing business data.
Pricing starts at $14.99/month for scheduled access or $4.99 per one-off markup generation.
For a completely free schema generator option, Webcode.tools is very handy. It lets you generate schema markup for LocalBusiness, Product, Video, Article, and more.
The tool is easy to use with a visual flowchart format for adding your page details. It has automatic validation to spot any issues. The downloadable markup can then be added to your site pages.
The free account works for injecting up to 200 schema markups per day. Paid plans start at $9.99/month.
- Schema App – https://schema.app/
- Google Structured Data Markup Helper – https://developers.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool
- Schema Generator by Varvy – https://www.varvy.com/schema-generator/
- Schema Pro by Raven Tools – https://raventools.com/schema-pro/
- Merkle’s Schema Generator – https://seo.merkleinc.com/schema-generator
- JsonLD Generator by SEO Tools for Excel – https://seotoolsforexcel.com/free-json-ld-generator
- Webcode.tools – https://webcode.tools/generators/schema-org
How to Choose the Right Schema Markup Tool
Here are some key factors to consider when choosing a schema markup generator for your needs:
- Your budget – some excellent free tools are available but paid tools offer more advanced functionality. Factor in your budget when deciding.
- Ease of use – pick a tool with an intuitive interface that allows you to generate markup without headaches. Avoid over-complex tools.
- Schema types offered – ensure the tool supports the specific schema types (e.g LocalBusiness, HowTo, etc.) your website needs.
- Automation capabilities – some tools can spider your site and add schema automatically. This can save a lot of time but costs more.
- Support and documentation – look for ample documentation and customer support in case you need assistance.
- Accuracy – the tool should generate valid schema markup without errors. Automatic validation is a useful feature.
- Rich result testing – ability to preview and test rich result appearances can help fine-tune your markup.
- Ongoing updates – pick a tool that stays updated as Google’s schema requirements evolve.
Think about your site’s structure, content types, and resources when choosing the right schema markup generator for your needs.
Final Thoughts on Selecting a Schema Generator
Adding schema markup is a smart SEO investment since it helps search engines better understand and highlight your important content. This can lead to more website traffic and conversions.
An effective schema tool allows you to generate schema markup accurately and efficiently, without needing web development skills.
Factors like ease of use, comprehensive schema type support, robust features, and automation capabilities should guide your buying decision.
Do thorough research and testing of shortlisted tools before committing. Schema markup generators remove much of the complexity from implementing schema, so leverage them to improve your SEO. With the right tool, you can quickly add schema markup to your existing pages and make the most of this valuable structured data technique.
Summary of Key Points:
- Schema markup enables search engines to understand your content and show rich results
- Common schema types include LocalBusiness, Product, Recipe, SoftwareApplication
- Top schema generator tools include Schema App, Google’s helper, Varvy, Schema Pro, Merkle
- Consider ease of use, schema types, automation, accuracy, and testing features
- The right generator tool makes it easy to implement schema markup and improve SEO